Call for Journal-First Presentations
ICST is inviting journal-first presentations for papers published recently in prestigious software engineering journals in all areas of software testing, verification, and validation. This will both enrich the ICST program as well as offer the authors an opportunity to speak to the community.
We invite applications for journal papers published in:
- Software Testing, Verification, and Reliability (STVR)
- Journal of Systems and Software (JSS)
- Information and Software Technology (IST)
- Software Quality Journal (SQJ)
Other journals may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
A journal-first presentation submitted to ICST 2020 must adhere to the following criteria:
- The paper was accepted for publication (i.e., the date of the acceptance notification) no earlier than October 1st 2018 and no later than October 1st 2019.
- The paper is in the scope of the conference, as defined in the call for ICST 2020 research papers.
- The paper reports completely new research results or presents novel contributions that were not previously reported in prior published work.
- The paper has not been presented and is not under consideration for journal-first programs of other conferences.
Authors of manuscripts that respect these criteria are invited to fill out this application form, including the paper title, authors, an extended abstract, a statement that attests the nature of journal-first paper, and a pointer to the original journal paper.
Authors will be invited to present their paper at ICST 2020 after a check that the paper is in scope for the conference and it adheres to the criteria above. The papers will not be reviewed again for technical content.
In case an exceptionally high number of proposals is received, presentation proposals will be prioritized according to their fit to the conference theme and structure of sessions. If there is further need to select from papers with the same priority, then they will be selected based on a lottery.
The journal-first manuscripts are published through the journals and will not be part of the ICST proceedings. The journal-first papers will be listed in the conference program and the proceeding will only contain the abstract and a pointer to the journal publication.
If a submission is accepted for the journal-first program, at least one author of the associated journal paper must register and attend the conference to present the paper.
The journal-first manuscripts are published through the journals and will not be part of the ICST proceedings. The journal-first papers will be listed in the conference program.
At least one author of each presentation accepted for the journal-first program must register and attend the conference to present the paper.
Submission deadline: January 10, 2020
Notification: January 28, 2020
Submissions close at 23.59 AoE (Anywhere on Earth, UTC-12)
Gordon Fraser, University of Passau
Maurício Aniche, Delft University of Technology